Saturday, July 31, 2010

A Little Slow on the Uptake

I know I promised to post pix of my pie last week.....I ended up not feeling so swell at this fabulous party....but being the consumate party goer, I perservered....
Better late than never! :))

My pie is at the top right in the pix. Here is the recipe:) Naturally it can be found in The Dish Diva Cookbook

French Silk Pie
1 9” pie shell, baked
¾ C butter, softened
1 C sugar
1 T vanilla
2 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
3 eggs
1 C whipping cream
Shaved or curled chocolate for garnish


Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and chocolate. Beat in 1 egg at a time-beating each egg no less than 5 minutes each (no kidding). Pour into crust and chill at least 4 hours. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate curls.


It was one of the first pies gone-besides Tanya's creations and that bean pie.....Dang that was good!
 





Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment