Friday, July 23, 2010

Gonna Make a Pie

Gonna make a pie, gonna make a pie...

It's the song from the movie "Waitress"-man I love that movie! For several reasons:
1. An ass** gets what he deserves in the end 
2. She concocts some of the most fabulous looking pies!
3. Andy Griffith is in it
4. Her little girl reminds me of Amy Lou when she was little
5. She has cool as hell girlfiriends-they are not perfect and are a little nutty, but they love her and are very loyal (Like my friends!!)

The only one I've found the recipe for is "I Can't Have No Affair Because It's Wrong and I Don't Want Earl to Kill Me" Pie. And it looks weird. I may have to watch that movie yet again and makeup my own recipes.
Anyhoo.....gonna make a pie, gonna make a pie
Tonya is having a pie party tomorrow and I am going to make my French Silk Pie. It is TO DIE FOR. Calvin will be pissed that I am taking this pie to a party he is not invited to.  I always tell him "Now honey, I can't take a pie/cake/etc....to a party with a slice missing!"  He still doesn't get it and looks at me longingly as I leave with my deliciousness. Secretly I kind of enjoy torturing him :)
And because I am in such a good mood (Pie always does that to me), I will take photos, post them to this blog along with the recipe. Tomorrow.

Baby don't ya cry-gonna make a pie
Gonna make a pie with a heart in the middle
Baby don't be blue
Gonna make for you
Gonna make a pie with a heart in the middle
Gonna be a pie from heaven above
Gonna be filled with strawberry love
Hold you forever in the middle of my heart

TTFN
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment