Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Apple Pie

My friend, Sarah Beck, owner of Beck's Farm (check it out www.becksfarm.com) gave me some apples fresh from the tree on Saturday with one caveat~~ here's how it went:
Sarah: "Nancy, if I give you some apples, will you make me a pie?"
Me: "Sure!"

Not clever bantering, but we got our points across. The recipe can be found in The Dish Diva cookbook--this is the pie that my friend Jim Lee called orgasmic...:) Macintosh apples, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and butter.....and <snifffff> it's fresh out of the oven~

Also whipped up an apple crisp (with crisp mix from Beck's Farm too) --pictures to follow--I haven't baked it yet!
AND am baking mini brownies to test out this cool pan I found at Big Lots for $7....it looks like an ice cube tray and make little brownies that ALL have crispy edges.....nom nom nom
I may find out soon enough why this marvelous contraption was $7--or I could've stumbled onto something WAY cool.....Will know in approx  11 min 35 sec....

TTFN
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment